Saturday, June 6, 2015

That degree.

The twenty-somethings will usually face the "are you going to further your education" question, especially people with only a Diploma, like myself.

I'm one of those that didn't, because: 
1) I don't know what the hell I want to study, because I'm interested in multiple things. 
2) I didn't have what they call a 'career plan' in the past, hoping from job to job, thus, not much money to go around.
3) There was a part where I tried applying to go into a local university, but of course, I didn't get in. (Bad grades.)
4) I believed in the "learn on the job" thing, because many just have their Diplomas and move up in their careers.
5) I didn't want to get a degree for the sake of getting a degree.

So, the same question has been thrown to me for 10 years. And now I'm 30. 

Let's just say the last 5 years have been what I called 'stable', because I managed to hold on to the same job for 5 years. I learned plenty of stuff on the job, and also using some parts of what I learned back in Poly. But darn, along the way, I figured there's only so much one can learn on the job. 

So yeah, back to school I go. Part-time Degree starting in July, 2-3 days after work. Multimedia Tech and Design."Prepare to have no life", says many. Not too worried about that. Just worried whether I'll have the energy levels to cope with it all. Lao Char Boh le


No comments: